Volunteer positions at SVCC are open to all members of the public. Applicants should fulfill the following requirements:
- Punctuality. Volunteers are expected to arrive at 9:45 AM every Saturday before sessions begin. As is the case at all groups, punctuality is of utmost importance and will be reinforced.
- Time commitment. Volunteers must commit to a minimum of 1 semester (11 weeks). SVCC semesters are scheduled according to the university calendar to avoid conflict with final exams.
- Language proficiency. Volunteers must be proficient in English and the language of their group.
- Experience not required but an asset. Volunteers must be willing to learn.
- Good attitude and interpersonal skills. Volunteers must be team players who can also work independently. They should possess initiative and solid work ethic.